To: All High School Guidance Counselors
From: Tim Hirschbeck- KidsPlay Of WNY LLC
Subject: KidsPlay Marek-Scott Scholarship
Since its inception in 1991, KidsPlay has delivered instructional youth sports programs to over 120,000 children in Western New York. For 30 years, it has been our goal to give young athletes a positive and constructive youth sports experience during their formative years.
Once again, KidsPlay will award a $1,000.00 scholarship to a graduating senior currently enrolled in a Western New York high school. The scholarship is given in memory of Keaton Marek and Sean Scott, two wonderful young men and former KidsPlay players.
The scholarship application process and requirements are:
* Applicants must have participated in at least one session of KidsPlay programs as a child.
* The scholarship deadline is Monday, April 15th, 2022. Electronic submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place "KidsPlay Scholarship App" in the subject heading. Hard copy submissions may also be mailed to: KidsPlay Scholarship- KidsPlay Of WNY LLC, 31 Delaware Rd., Kenmore, NY 14217. All submissions should include:
1) Student Resume
2) One Letter of Recommendation
3) A 600-800 word essay containing observations, lessons, memories, etc. of their time in the KidsPlay program
* Scholarship amount is $1,000.00 and must be used toward the pursuit of a two or four year degree in the 2022-23 calendar year.
* The winning applicant will be notified the week of May 16th, 2022.
If you have questions regarding the scholarship or the application process, please contact me at your convenience at 480.2374 or email@example.com